Statutory Adjudication in Hong Kong: Can lessons be learnt from overseas Legislation?
June 27 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmHK$350 – HK$400
Statutory Adjudication in Hong Kong: Can lessons learnt from other jurisdictions help to both address stakeholders specific concerns and inform a revolution in Dispute Resolution in the Hong Kong Construction Industry. This seminar the speaker will focus specifically on the below topics:
a) Adjudications link to project cash flow;
b) Statutory Adjudications partnership with NEC Contracts;
c) The scope of Statutory Adjudication in Hong Kong (including whether disputes related to extension of time should be included in isolation);
d) The process for appointment of the Adjudicator;
e) Avoiding Adjudication Ambush.
About the Speaker
Mr James Ford MRICS
MAPM, MCIArb, MCInstCES
Associate Director, The Contracts Group
James is a highly motivated and professional Chartered Quantity Surveyor and Senior Contracts & Claims Consultant with many years of experience working within leading Contractor and Consultant organisations in Hong Kong, Macau, the UK, India, Malaysia and Taiwan. James has a proven track record of managing complex and challenging contracts through the implementation of robust cost controls and through enforcing contractual obligations. James has first-hand experience in preparing claim documents and in managing the dispute resolution procedures of Hong Kong Standard Forms of Contract, FIDIC, JCT, ICE and has a particular interest in the development and use of the NEC suite of Contracts in Hong Kong following his detailed exposure to the form on the London 2012 Olympic programme.
RICS Professionals: HK$350.00
APC Candidates: HK$350.00
Peter Au, Business Development Manager
Tel: 2116 9719
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the seminar at its discretion.
- No refund or cancellation will be accepted, but a substitute delegate is normally permitted. Please inform the organiser of your substitute delegate at least 5 days before the seminar.
- If a typhoon signal no. 8 or above, or black rainstorm warning is in force at least 3 hours before the programme is scheduled to begin, the seminar will be postponed until further notice. Otherwise, it will continue as scheduled.
- Registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of completed registration form and full payment.
- Upon completion of this event, a CPD certificate will be granted. A payment receipt along with the CPD certificate will be sent to you by email with 10 business days after the seminar.