Mekong Capital is a Vietnam-focused Private Equity firm, specializing in consumer driven businesses. Mekong Capital’s investee companies are typically among the fastest growing and market leading companies in Vietnam’s consumer-driven sectors such as retail, restaurants, consumer products and distribution.
Mekong Capital has created an environment where people with integrity, leadership and commitment work together as a team to fulfill our vision. We recruit highly capable employees, encourage and support the continuous development of their skills and knowledge, and motivate them to produce results.
The Asset Guardian Officer will partner with us in uplifting investor experience through being their trusted and value-added Asset Guardian.
Reporting to the Asset Guardian Manager, the Asset Guardian (AG) Officer playing a key role in the excellent fund’s investor relations and communications for Mekong Capital and all the funds managed by Mekong Capital.
1. Shareholder Reporting
KPI: The quarterly reports are circulated within 45 days from the quarter end (deadline might be adjusted based on actual situation).
Given that Mekong Capital strives to maintain a high level of integrity in our communications with shareholders, the AG Officer is responsible to ensure the following processed efficiently & properly:
- Scheduling of Quarterly Reports
- Formatting of Quarterly Reports
- Reviewing process
- Report distribution
The AG Officer is responsible to coordinate with relevant parties as well as hold them accountable to submit their portion of the periodic reports on a timely basis and with quality meeting the reporting guidelines.
2. Fund Administration:
2.1 External communication for the Fund’s matters
The AG Officer is responsible for effectively dealing with the Fund’s service providers such as fund administration, custodian, auditors, brokers and others from time to time (this includes negotiating with them from time to time for the best possible quotes for the Funds where relevant).
2.2 Internal communication for the Fund’s matters
The AG Officer is responsible to ensure the open & smooth communication and coordination among departments within Mekong Capital regarding the fund administration and shareholder reporting activities for the Funds.
2.3 Preparing/obtaining/maintaining documents and records
The AG Officer is responsible to ensure an organized and sufficient filling systems and records of the Funds’ operational activities.
2.4 Board & Shareholders meetings
The AG Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring the occasions of the AC/shareholders meetings are booked in Mission Control of the relevant people right when the occasions are noted (at the board meetings);
- Preparing for Board and Shareholders meetings (including ensuring background notes are prepared by the relevant people and meet the background notes guidelines; and circulating those background notes at least 1 week before the board meeting);
2.5 Accounting issues
The AG Officer is responsible for:
- Coordinating audits of the Fund;
- Checking the accuracy of the financial statements of the Funds prepared by the Fund Administrator.
3. Other AG tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Updating data of Mekong Capital and the funds on websites of some research firms.
- Completing other AG tasks as assigned from time to time.
- The AG Officer takes strong stand for Mekong Capital to operate in a transparency and minimization of risk, as well as for all the company legitimate rights to be protected.
- The AG Officer is a person who has personally, as a member of a team under the supervision of senior team members, made some achievements in AG activities.
It would be an advantage if you are
- English proficiency.
- An organized and structured person who enjoy doing detailed and precise work.
- Commitment to achieve excellence and results orientation.
- Patient, resilient, willing to learn and grow in fund management.
- Experience in fund, legal, audits or tax operation/ administration in Big Four, law firms would be an advantage and fresh graduates who are undaunted by the challenge of a steep learning curve are encouraged to apply.
If you are driven, motivated and want to take the next step in your career by this exciting challenge, APPLY today or email your profile directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or 0947405678 to discuss this new opportunity.