Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE, REPUTATION
Reporting to the Manager/Senior Manager you will be working with a team that designs and implements impactful communication programmes for multinational and local clients.
- Implementing and monitoring projects within a specific set of clients under the direction of senior team members.
- Work closely with and support the needs of the client servicing teams. Responsibilities include but not limited to the following.
- Media relations – media monitoring, schedule and coordinate with third parties on events, assist with preparation of press kits, update media list and assist with compilation of reports.
- Work closely with senior team members on multiple industry, media landscape research studies across a variety of industries and clients and Edelman internal initiatives.
- Assist with project set-up and coordination with multiple service providers.
- Familiarity with press release writing, draft pitch emails, conduct and compile research as directed by supervisors.
- Help prepare informal and formal client reports and presentation materials.
- Any internship experience in PR agency or in-house marketing/communications role will be an advantage.
- Graduates in Marketing, Public Relations and Communications, Language & Translation, Economics or Business focus preferred.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and master new concepts quickly.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work, and a keen sense of delivering completed projects in a timely manner.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Chinese is a must, fluency in mandarin is a plus.
- Have a basic understanding of the local and/or regional business news media, communications environment in Hong Kong.
- Are a team-player, who enjoys social interaction with your colleagues but also knows your primary goal is to surprise and delight your clients.
- As a multinational company, we offer highly competitive remuneration.
- We are big believers in work life balance and our holiday policies support that.
- Our training and development offer is second to none.
- We know how to throw a party and don’t need much of an excuse to do so.
If all this appeals, if we sound like a great team that could help you kickstart your career, get in touch!