Bobit is a national B2B media and marketing data company providing business information and solutions via digital media, magazines, custom media, data, live events, and specialized marketing tools.
Bobit is seeking an Associate / Senior Editor to join its team for our POLICE brands! The candidate should be a skilled, versatile content creator/reporter/editor who executes easily among multi-media and social media platforms while contributing substantially to our portfolio of content brands.
- Compile, write and edit features, news, and other content related to our POLICE website and magazine
- Must be adept at using content managing systems, digital photo and video tools, and social media platforms
- Manage, develop, and create content for digital and print properties
- Conduct video interviews for online features and social media
- Proofread and copy edit content
- Manage and participate in print magazine editing and production workflow
- Coordinate with outside contributors for columns and freelance articles
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with fellow editors and team members
- Stay up to date on law enforcement technology and interview law enforcement professionals and representatives of companies that make law enforcement products
- Travel required to cover trade show and conference events and possibly product release events
- 3 to 5 years of related media work experience, including digital/web (business/financial reporting experience / interest a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (journalism, communications, or integrated/digital media)
- Evidence of excellent writing, reporting, copy editing, and proofreading abilities; knowledge of AP style; video experience a plus
- Fluent on social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Comfortable and capable with digital platforms and tools
- Web editorial/online newsletter experience
- Photography experience
- Self-starter with the ability to push projects forward to ensure deadlines are met
Our POLICE brands help support the law enforcement industry and its officers of all ranks to assist them in performing their jobs more effectively, professionally, and safely via the info, data, and connections we provide in our magazine, news, product reviews, blogs, social media presence, and online forums.
REQUIRED: Include writing/multimedia samples of your work (or link to portfolio) when submitting resume.
Please visit the Careers section of Bobit’s site to view the benefits you will receive in return for your commitment and dedication to our brands.
Businesses run faster, smarter, and better with essential information and services Bobit provides. We bring buyers and sellers together through our media and events. We help advance the markets we serve and their critical business decisions are made with the information, data, and technology we deliver. Bobit helps business move forward. Bobit is a national B2B media company providing business information and solutions via print and digital magazines, digital media, live events and specialized marketing tools.
No phone calls / No agencies, principals only