Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world’s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The candidate will perform data management and curation tasks to support biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts in the Development Sciences department.
- In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts, and vendor representatives.
- Working with biomarker operations managers and biometrics colleagues to draft data transfer specifications and statements of work.
- Acquiring and QC’ ing digital pathology image data and associated metadata files from internal groups and external vendors. Capturing data in internal file systems and databases.
- Monitoring data processing requests and submitting data files to analysis pipelines.
- Merging different data types with clinical data to generate analysis-ready data sets.
- Curating and cataloging data sets, maintaining listings of available data, and distributing to collaborators.
- Maintaining and curating the content of internal knowledge sharing repositories.
- Maintaining and developing data conformance checking scripts and requirements.
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as R or Python; Database skills.
- Familiarity with modern informatics systems, relational and non-relational databases, scripting languages, and data visualization tools.
- Demonstrated experience with informatics best practices and developing well-documented, production code in non-academic environments.
- Working knowledge of scientific research application development cycles and data management principles.
- Working knowledge of anatomical pathology workflow and digital pathology data lifecycles.
- Experience managing and curating biological or clinical data.
- Careful, detail-oriented working style.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team setting.
With The Following Is Desired
- Relational databases and SQL.
- Statistical software packages such as R or SAS.
- Clinical trial data management.
- Working with medical image data.
- Setting up and maintaining online content management systems or wikis.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Life Science, Computer Sciences or Biomedical Engineering with at least >3 years work-related experience.
Compass is a life science recruiting firm that places short to long-term consultants and direct placements at leading-edge biotech, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies. We have many opportunities across the U.S. and are always looking for great people to fill roles at life-transforming companies. Connect with Compass, we will help you every step of the way.