Thomson Reuters Company Location
Reuters is seeking several journalists to join its North America Breaking News team operation in Toronto or Ottawa. The team is in charge of producing real-time news alerts and briefs in English from a variety of sources, including TV broadcast, podcasts, social media and national news agency feeds, and works closely with reporters across the US and Canada to accurately break news for Reuters’ global audience of decision makers in business, media and politics.
About The Role
As our Breaking News Correspondent, you will:
- Focus on US and Canada news
- Snap news clearly, accurately and quickly; write urgents within 3 minutes of the snap
- Work under pressure in a very fast-paced environment
- Decode snaps/urgents from financial/energy statements, speeches, tweets, TV broadcasts
- Deliver the news first to Reuters subscribers
- Put our readers and clients on top of the information game; consolidate Reuters reputation as the world’s most influential news agency
To be our Breaking News Correspondent, you will likely have:
- Excellent command of English
- A strong understanding of the politics and major news stories of the US and/or Canada
- An ability to work under pressure, and work early or late shifts
- An ability to work with a large team across North America
What’s In It For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.