This Job is based in Australia
UNSW’s Single Molecule Science initiative focuses on transforming medicine by providing a molecular perspective on complex biological systems and processes, encompassing biophysics, biochemistry and cell biology as well as nanotechnology and nanofabrication. Single Molecule Science UNSW
- 3-Year, Full time Fixed-term opportunity
- Level 8: $108K – $122K (+ 17% superannuation & leave loading)
- Full working right will be required for the duration of the contract.
- Sydney, Australia based.
A Centre Manager plays a key role within the UNSW Faculty of Medicine, providing operational leadership and effective management of the EMBL Australia Node in Single Molecule Science (SMS). The role is essential to advance, develop, evaluate and maintain teaching and research strategies that align with the Faculty’s mission and to provide strategic and operational management advice to the SMS Director on the full range of School activities and performance. The role reports to the SMS Director, supporting SMS and has two direct reports.
Please refer to the position description for full details. Centre Manager Lev 8 SOMS PD
Skills And Experience
- Completion of a relevant degree and extensive relevant management experience or equivalent competency gained through another combination of education, training and experience. A background or prior experience in scientific research and molecular biology is desirable.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated high level interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed consultation, influencing and negotiation skills and proven ability to interact effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience leading, coaching and developing a team of support staff, including performance management and professional development.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in forecast and budget management, including ability to interpret and report on financial data and provide high-quality and detailed advice.
- Proven skills and experience in resource planning, goal setting and project management.
- Outstanding organisational skills with the proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet strict and/or competing deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Experience in business improvement activities and leading workplace change processes.
- An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.