We are looking for a seasoned analytics professional to work in our Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) Data & Analytics group, focused on designing and deploying dashboards, ad-hoc reports and other visualization tools to provide business insights for our regional Commercial teams.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mindset to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our commercial operations. This position will work closely with leaders across sales, services, operations and marketing to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. They will use a combination of analytical and visualization techniques and potentially advanced data modeling and predictive modeling techniques where necessary to interpret key findings and leverage these insights into initiatives that will support business outcomes.
They will take requirements for analysis or reporting and ensure optimal data capture, insights attainment, and reporting capabilities are available, escalating regional needs to global teams where necessary. They will be an expert in defining and deploying these key metrics, reports, and dashboards to provide a 360 view of performance across key internal and customer processes, collaborating with global teams to identify knowledge gaps and developing plans to ascertain critical insights to progress our commercial strategy where necessary. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Data & Analytics – APJ.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create interactive stories, dashboards, and visualizations leveraging Tableau.
- Develop data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support key business decisions.
- Build the required data extracts required for solutions, extracting from multiple sources where necessary.
- Analyse data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight areas of concerns or opportunities.
- Capture user requirements for standard reports. Work closely with business stakeholders to understand business need and requirements. Define user requirements and work with users to execute projects to meet requirements.
- Create and maintain user personas, use-cases, and business requirements documents.
- Generate ad-hoc reports for field sales, customer care or service managers and assist in the data mining process upon request.
- Empower end-users to ask their own questions of company/industry data through development and deployment of self-service reporting.
- Deliver transformative solutions that are aligned to industry best practices and provide thought leadership in data space.
- Partner with local and global leadership to drive analytics and reporting outcomes.
- Manage the backlog of projects with appropriate prioritisation, consulting with the business to set appropriate expectations.
- Promote a culture of analytics in APJ across business functions to foster connected thinking, drive business performance and uncover optimization opportunities for the Commercial organization.
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Business Intelligence solutions.
- Escalate well defined reports to global analytics team for global rollout.
- Act as voice of global analytics team within region and vice versa.
- Test, rollout and educate new analytics functionality with relevant stakeholders.
- Work with people from a variety of nationalities and cultures across the Asia Pacific commercial team.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background
- Bachelor’s Degree desired in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Business or related field.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- 5 to 8+ years of progressive hands-on experience in business intelligence, reporting, and analytics through continuous, focused experience in the build, customizing and publishing of Tableau interactive reports, visualizations, dashboards and stories
- Previous experience within a client or customer facing role (e.g. sales, sales operations, customer service or commercial support) is preferred.
- Experience in supporting Operations and/or Sales functional reporting a plus.
- Broad-based experience in biotech, medical devices or life sciences highly desirable.
- Strong experience with Tableau (Tableau Desktop required, Tableau Server a plus).
- Intermediate knowledge of SQL. Knowledge of SAP HANA, Python and R a plus.
- Certifications are a plus.
- Experience in advanced techniques in data modelling, predictive modelling including machine learning a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience in building successful partnerships with business and technical groups.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a simple to understand manner, with demonstrated abilities in data storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to understand new datasets and data structures and synthesize data into actionable information.Working proficiency with complex data from multiple data sources and building dashboards.
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practice.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside their comfort zone.
- Highly self-motivated to deliver both independently and with strong team collaboration in complex cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills. Demonstrated capability to use sound project management methods in managing development backlog. Ability to work under pressure to targets or deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, working to a high level of accuracy.