Duke Kunshan University
The Development Assistant is a member of Duke Kunshan’s development and alumni relations team, which consists of professionals in Kunshan as well as in Durham, NC. This integrated team has joint accountability for fundraising and alumni relations to find resources and establish networks to support the short-term as well as long-term success of Duke Kunshan University.
Senior Development Specialist
- Organizes and coordinates all alumni relations programs and services designed to foster and strengthen the relationship between DKU and its alumni; recommends long and short-range goals and overall direction of alumni programs.
- Creates and executes a multichannel communication plan and marketing materials for alumni functions and/or services through direct mail, website, email, social media and personal solicitations; provide regular updates to alumni and others regarding alumni and University programs and activities.
- Plans, coordinates and schedules all logistical details and makes necessary arrangements for programs and/or services in assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides staff assistance to events and activities organized alumni groups.
- Maintains the alumni database and ensure its effective use.
- Manage development events, campus tours, visitor arrangements and other special events in support of development goals.
- Develop and manage event project plans, requests and timelines that provide adequate lead time for all internal and external stakeholders to plan, complete and deliver.
- Oversee all event-related materials, including save-the-date notifications, invitations, programs, agendas, and signage. Work with vendors to obtain quotes and coordinate production.
- Provide support to donor cultivation, recognition and stewardship activities.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Responsible for managing event budgets.
- Participate in writing, translating and editing of development news, event coverage, campaign ad, and donor/prospect communication materials to effectively market the DKU’s mission and fundraising priorities.
- Assist with the ongoing update of DKU Foundation’s website, and maintain the Foundation’s social media presence using WeChat and other platforms.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of monthly Development newsletter, and maintain the development office’s email lists using MailChimp and other platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University employees’ job responsibilities will continue to expand in scope and depth as the University grows in size and complexity in its programs.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree and/or oversea experience will be a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or involvement in Duke University and Duke Kunshan University, its disciplines and relationships, and willingness to develop an in-depth understanding.
- Excellent English and Mandarin communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work and partner with internal and external constituents, including alumni, donors and vendors, as well as with colleagues within an organization.
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate and perform multiple projects simultaneously.
- High work ethics and willing to work under tight deadlines.