Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
About the job
From toys to apparel, books to games, and much more, Disney Consumer Products, Games and Publishing (CPGP) brings our company’s products, through stories and characters, to markets worldwide. With a portfolio of renowned franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20CS and National Geographic, our efforts to deliver innovative and experiential products, designed to entertain and inspire, is industry leading and category shaping.
The ideal candidate must have editorial experience in children’s books, an interest in Disney portfolios, and an awareness of current children’s book trends. The candidate must have exceptional writing skills, excellent author- and agent-care skills, and project-management experience, including managing freelance writers. The role will lead up to 1 film program per year or lead the publishing plan creation of 15-20 titles for an ongoing franchise per year or a combination of both.
This posting is a talent pool for upcoming roles within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
- Brainstorm new stories, series, concepts, themes, and formats as needed
- Hire writers and contribute to building up high-quality writer pool
- Edit books that target a variety of ages including board books, picture books, classic storybook art pools, chapter books, middle grade, YA, and coloring & activity pools
- Manage creation of spot art pools, cover pools, design guidelines, toolkits, and/or editorial guidelines
- Review all global and vertical book titles and covers created for your program or franchise
- Attend filmmaker, studio, or brand meetings for editorial and art reviews as needed
- Attend production meetings and additional team meetings as needed
- Partner with editorial team to brainstorm global publishing plans across licensees and within Disney Publishing Group
- Prepare P&Ls, create ISBNs, write fact sheets and metadata, and attend acquisitions for vertical titles
- Plan for quarterly solicitations
- Work with senior editors, licensing, and global operations to confirm book titles
- Prepare presentations for internal and global meetings
- Present publishing plans as necessary both internally and externally
- Review, approve, and/or comment on online publishing planning for your film program or franchise
- Review, approve, and/or comment on North America titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA for your film program or franchise.
- Manage the review of Global titles, covers, and/or marketing/sales information in OPA for your film program or franchise
- Minimum 4-5 years publishing experience that demonstrates increasing editorial responsibility
- Strong skills in editing children’s books and understanding of copyediting skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, manage resources across multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, productive, and detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to take overall responsibility for concept, content, and author and illustrator relationships including seeing new titles through all stages of editing, managing schedules, collaborating with design and production
- Knowledge of publishing process and formats required
- Familiarity with TWDC brands and licensed publishing a plus
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.