About the job
Requisition ID: 115859
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Electrical Manager, you will be responsible of the electrical team who supports jobs in Canada. The technical aspects, rules, jurisdiction, planning and tools multiple electrical projects.
Ganotec is a full service, heavy industrial contractor serving the industrial sector across Canada. Ganotec typically self performs all major disciplines including, civil, structural steel erection, heavy mechanical equipment installation, process piping and electrical / instrumentation and controls. We conduct our business through a variety of commercial contract styles including full turnkey, EPC, design build, T&M and conventional discipline packages. We have always been a strong proponent of “partnering”, working in collaboration with owners, major equipment suppliers and engineers at the early stages of the project development phase to allow for a more cost-effective execution strategy for the project. Ganotec continues to position ourselves towards the future, constantly seeking growth opportunities yet never losing sight of what has made the company so successful.
- Supervise and develop the electrical team division
- Assure and promote the safety program of the company
- Prepare and assure the uniformity of all tools of the construction planning
- Interaction with the quality department
- Assist all division for temporary power. (Design, budget and construction)
- Purchasing of electrical toll and material
- Permit and coordination with different public electrical utility in Canada
- Review, approve and negotiate local subcontractor
- Working with the estimate department
- Management of a team of field staff personnel such as field engineers and site coordinators
- 10+ years’ experience in electrical construction operation
- Preferable Experience working on the construction of design-build mega projects
- Undergraduate degree in construction engineering, construction management or a related degree or comparable work experience.
- Strong knowledge of safety legislation and regulations; ability to enforce safety on site
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
- Subcontractor Management and Negotiation experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Effective English oral and written communication skills (in addition to English, French is a plus)
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.