Perform regular preventive maintenance. Coordinates, participates, assists, oversees and follows up on the work of other Electricians.
The Electrical Supervisor will oversee the Electrical Team consisting of 5 Team Members. They would be responsible for managing the Electrical Team in conjunction with all day to day plant operations that involve electrical, including assisting in those capital projects that pertain to electrical. Must be familiar with 480v, PLC’s, touch screen controls and must be highly motivated in managing the Team to get things complete in a timely manner.
This person needs to be knowledgeable with commercial/industrial electrical with at least 5 years plus experience in the field, including familiar with PLC’s and panel views. Highly motivated and possess supervision skills to develop the Electrical Team in addressing the plant issue and a sense of urgency to get thing done in a timely manner, staying on top of the “day to day” activities.
- Coordinates, participates, assists, oversees and follows up on the work of other Electricians in the performance of their duties such as constructing, installing, modifying, maintaining and repairing a wide variety of electrical equipment and machinery such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit systems, electronic controls and other electrical equipment as required for plant operations.
- Assists supervisor in planning, scheduling and assigning various jobs. Orders parts and materials for electrical department from machine shop, warehouse and purchasing department as required installing and maintaining equipment.
- Works with Maintenance mechanics in dismantling or partially dismantling machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble and make necessary repairs or adjustments as required.
- Uses and interprets for others, complicated blueprints and drawings. Trouble shoots breakdowns to determine cause of trouble. Must keep work of unit on schedule.
- Oversees work area to assure clean, orderly and safe working conditions.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Must wear proper PPE such as, goggles, ear plugs, hard hat, and metatarsal boots.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to speak and understand English, so that he can communicate effectively with other departments.
- Graduated from High School or equivalent plus four years formal trades training. Requires the use of complicated drawings and specification advanced shop mathematics, a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and broad shop trade knowledge. Knowledgeable of all electricians’ hand and power tools.
- Over 5 years related experience.
- Must have a significant “hands on” working knowledge and troubleshooting experience in industrial electrical applications, 3 phase 480 volts.
- Be familiar with all electrical safety, lock out tag outs, high voltage gloves, etc…
- Must also be able to repair equipment, wire 3 phase motor control circuits and troubleshoot.
- PLC knowledge a plus.
- Ability to lead diverse groups of people with varying levels of education, expertise and backgrounds.
- Able to read one line diagrams and schematic prints for power systems and in house machinery.
- Have working knowledge and troubleshooting knowledge of industrial power systems, transformers, low voltage switch gear, relays and protective devices, industrial controls, solid state equipment; including, programmable controllers, A.C. rotating machinery, D.C rotating machinery, and a understanding of maintenance practices, procedures, and preventive maintenance programs.
- Must be able to layout and estimate material needs and load values for foundry projects. Bend and install, EMT, Rigio, and Rigio Aluminum conduit, and pull wire in same.
- Must have good housekeeping practices.
- Have a working knowledge of all hand and power tools to perform all of the above, screw drivers, pliers, crimp tools, wire strippers, etc., drill motors, saws threading machines, volt-ohmeter, amprobe, megger, voltage tester.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be dependable, detail oriented and cooperative.
- Demonstrated ability to follow safety procedures.
- Proven track record of excellent attendance, dependability and flexibility.
- Ability to learn the technical aspects of each machine.
- Demonstrate ability to follow directions as well as to make appropriate decisions.