About the job
Reports to: Engineering Supervisor
Engineers perform routine and preventative maintenance to protect the assets of The Betsy and to keep the hotel running smoothly. They keep up with the wear and tear put on the facilities of a hotel. Engineers ensure a safe, quality hotel experience that improves guest satisfaction. They also ensure compliance with building, fire, and health and emergency repairs as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties Include but Not Limited to the Following:
- Periodically Inspects, operates, or tests machinery, systems or equipment to ensure that they are working properly and/or in good repair or to diagnose any reported malfunction.
- Performs general maintenance duties such as general cleaning, replacing AC filters, and changing light bulbs.
- Paints or repairs roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Performs basic electrical and plumbing work such as repairing or replacing an electrical fixture, fixing water leaks, and unclogging toilets.
- Provides basic groundskeeping services.
- Troubleshoots technical issues around the Hotel, such as wifi and cable accessibility, guest rooms appliances, AC, electronic keys, etc.
- Repairs machines, equipment, or structures.
- Maintains a complete and up to date record of works orders.
- Maintains the building exterior and curb appeal.
- Refurbished furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paints and finishes furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Promptly responds in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Follows all safety and security policies and procedures while performing their duties, including but not limited to wearing personal protective equipment, eliminating potential risk from the work area and following applicable OSHA standards.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- A technical degree or certification or equivalent experience in one or more of the following areas is required: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Construction.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to:
- Read, write, speak and understand English;
- Follow instructions;
- Work independently;
- Work well with others;
- Operate basic software in computers and smart devices;
- Identify and address details;
- Perform physically demanding work including but not limited to climbing, standing and walking for extended periods of time, and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 75 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
The Betsy – South Beach is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.