Role: Events Consultant
Role type: Fixed-term
Department / Team: External Communications
Division: Brand, Marketing & Corporate Affairs
Purpose of the role
The Events Consultant will support delivery of events across all global audiences. The role holder will maximise both online and in person events to bring to life our brands and drive engagement with our target audiences, both internally and externally, across different segments and geographies. These events will include internal events, client events, industry conferences and event activity to maximise our brand and sponsorship activity.
Key Outcomes / Responsibilities Of The Role
- Management for specific events and projects identified by the Project and Events Manager
- Ownership of event delivery elements e.g., delegate logistics
- Supporting events team and business across multi-channel, virtual and live in-person events
- Management of appropriate hospitality for clients and executive requirements, escalating any issues where necessary
- Support the Events Team with event collateral management and logistics
- Produce key performance metrics to report effectiveness and regularly evaluate events and adjust per feedback
- Ensure Standard Life Aberdeen’s purpose and brand are appropriately promoted and applied across activity
- Support the development and implementation of event toolkits and guidelines
- Events team administration including events calendar and trackers
- Maintenance of the Marketing budget associated with the Events team, including raising and managing POs, identifying and resolving any issues that occur in relation to supplier payments
- Training and development of Marketing teams to up-skill for self-service virtual/online event management
- Continually assess the quality and capabilities of suppliers, seeking to raise the bar on an ongoing basis
Requirements Of The Role
- Previous experience in events management, ideally in a corporate setting
- Extensive knowledge of C-vent
- Ability to build rapport and maintain strong relationships
- Client-focused mindset with understanding of commercial context
- Service oriented and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to changing situations; real time problem solving
- Experience of integration of events within wider marketing strategy
- Experience of working with event suppliers to coordinate successful events delivery
- Strong understanding of event technology including applications and software used for digital event management, virtual/online events and in-person live events
- Ability to work flexible hours to support a global portfolio of events
- Able to commit to travel to fulfil event requirements
There’s more to working life than coming home with a good salary. We have an environment where you can learn, get involved and be supported.
When you join us, your reward will be one of the best around, including 40 days annual leave, a 16% employer pension contribution, a discretionary, performance based bonus, private healthcare and a range of flexible benefits including gym discounts, season ticket loans and access to an employee discount site amongst many others. You can read more about our benefits here.
How We Create Value
Our strategic drivers are the foundations from which we deliver for all our stake holders: High impact intelligence, Client & customer-led growth, Belief in our trusted brand and Future fit. You can find out more about our values here .
Our Inclusive Culture
We are committed to exploring the possibilities of working smarter. This means we’d like to hear from you, whatever way you like to work. We have a long-term commitment to building inclusive workplaces; we value diversity in our workforce and welcome enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or a reasonable adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist. You can find out more about our inclusive culture here.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. We support a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone. If you need assistance or an adjustment due to a disability please let us know as part of your application and we will assist.