Job Description & Summary
With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful career while being supported by a flexible working culture, innovative learning and development opportunities and progressive policies and benefits, such as 18 weeks paid parental leave for mums, dads and foster carers (no minimum service!)
What will you create?
You’ll help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From digitising healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting our start-up industry, together we build trust in society and solve important problems.
As an Executive Assistant in our Consulting business your impact will be seen by:
- Building strong relationships with clients and their Executive Assistants (EAs), supporting multiple Partners with their client engagements
- Building strong relationships with your Partners teams, EAs and broader functions teams within the Firm
- Harnessing your organisational skills to effectively manage complex diaries, Partner inboxes, expenses and timesheets
- Proactively planning and coordinating meetings, events, conferences and complex travel while anticipating and managing any potential conflicts
- Prepare and revise documents including presentations, emails and reports that convey valuable information and reflect our firm’s brand
- Embracing new technologies and supporting your Partners and teams with adoption
You have a background in executive support for senior leadership and are tech savvy with strong skills in both Google and MS Office suites. You have exceptional client relationship and communication skills with a high level of discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters. You hold strong business acumen with the ability to make sound judgement and quick decisions.
You are collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment. You’re a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and stakeholders. Most importantly, you act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
Skills for success
- Ability to provide a high level of support to a group of Partners managing multiple priorities
- Extremely organised and able to multitask and work in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally and play an integral role in the wider EA community
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a team
- Pride in your work, consistently delivering high quality outcomes, and accountable for actions
- Proactive, able to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines, and to think ahead on requests
- Ability to own your own development and dedicate time to upskill
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology
- Embrace and promote change in line with the Firm’s vision and strategy
- Knowledge and use of Google and MS Office suites preferred
Life at PwC
Our culture and benefits are something we’re proud of, and also the reason we’ve been named LinkedIn’s #1 Australian workplace. With PwC, you’ll belong to an inclusive community where differences are both embraced and the underlying driver in everything we create together.
We empower you with the technology, coaching, flexibility and trust needed to make a meaningful difference, while supporting you in bringing your whole self to work each day. We’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce because we know it’s only by working together that we can realise the potential of our people, clients and society around us.
We’re living this commitment through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan to increase Indigenous employment and employee-led diversity networks promoting cultural, disability, LGBTI and gender equality. At our core we’re a people business, which means you’ll be supported not just in your professional development but your personal growth as well.