About the job
Location: Ottawa, ON
Business Unit: CMAJ Group
Reports to: Manager, Production & Graphic Design
Type: Permanent | Full Time
Overall job purpose:
The Graphic / Production Designer provides graphic design – from concept to layout – for Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) Group publications (print and digital journals and magazines), charts, graphs, infographics, marketing/promotional collateral, and banner ads.
- The Designer works closely with the advertising and classifieds department to ensure advertisements and classified ads are designed/placed in the journals. The Designer also provides project support and general assistance to the Manager, Production & Graphic Design and consults with clients and printers in their absence.
- Provide graphic design services for CMAJ Group publications (print and digital journals and magazines), charts, graphs, infographics, marketing/promotional collateral, and banner ads
- Consult with editors or content creators and interpret their business needs and present design concepts and ideas to manager and editors
- Work closely with advertising and classifieds department to ensure advertisements and classified ads are designed/placed in the journals
- Consult with printers, prepare files for print media and approve printer proofs
Key skills and competencies:
All positions have the following core competencies:
- Creativity and innovation
- Member/client/stakeholder focus
- Results oriented
- Teamwork and collaboration
In addition to the competencies listed above, the following skills and traits are required:
- Analytical thinker
- Strong problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Demonstrated organization, time management, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Technical experience/understanding of exporting documents for print
- Previous experience with preflighting PDFs an asset
- Diploma in Graphic Design or a related field; a combination of education and equivalent relevant work experience is acceptable
- 3-5 years of related professional experience
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CMA is an equal opportunity employer and will reasonably accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring process.
Graphiste / Concepteur/Conceptrice, Production
* cliquez sur le lien pour une description compléte en français.