About this Opportunity
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
Head of Digital Marketing; Purpose:
To build, lead and direct the Digital Marketing function and the team at Giant Tiger delivering programs that help Canadians save money. Leverage external digital channels to acquire and retain customers for Giant Tiger across all channels. The Head of Digital Marketing will lead strategic and operational decisions within the Digital marketing team while managing a team that drives excellence in executing campaigns to ensure successful, timely delivery and demonstrable results. A dynamic leader with a strategic vision, be a performance-based marketer, have a pragmatic “get things done” attitude to their role in the company and thrive on measuring and tracking performance across a critical set of KPIs that ultimately drive the success of the greater business goals.
Head of Digital Marketing; Role Highlights:
Leadership & People Management (25%)
- Translation of the corporate strategy into an operational plan for the digital marketing team.
- Build and oversee a team that leads the execution of the digital marketing plan
- Build cross-functional alignment between internal teams to develop and deliver effective and innovative digital marketing solutions.
- Develop a data-driven approach to digital marketing performance
- Develop and maintain an agile team culture with a focus on fostering a collaborative, transparent and creatively curious environment
Digital Marketing (50%)
- Lead the digital marketing program ensuring the proper media mix and balance across all digital channels – paid search, social (paid and earned), email, display, eflyer, affiliate, etc
- Work with the team to deliver on the goals of the programs
- Partner with 3rd parties to advance Giant Tiger’s digital marketing capabilities and reach
- Ensure a high-quality and consistent delivery to partners in the organization
- Build a performance-based, data-driven culture in the approach to digital marketing execution and measurement
- Build process to support large scale digital advertising in a scalable, efficient and automated process
- Present results and advise on the direction of programs
Digital Marketing SME (15%)
- Advise and consults within the great Giant Tiger company on Digital Marketing to support overall business goals
- Work with 3rd party partners and Giant Tiger teams to validate models and approaches to Digital Marketing
- Act as the SME for Digital Marketing in the organization and ensure you are up to date on trends and developments in the industry
Reporting & Non-Routine Tasks (10%)
- Identify and report on primary KPIs and conduct regular performance reviews
- Develop processes for the digital team to enhance overall business performance
Head of Digital Marketing; Reporting Relationships:
- Reports to: SVP & CDO
- Direct Reports:
- Manager Digital Performance Marketing
- Manager Social Media
- Manager Email and Retention Marketing
Head of Digital Marketing; Candidate Requirements:
- 8+ years in digital marketing, ideally in a retail company
- 2+ years of experience in leading a digital marketing company
- Deep understanding of the value of digital marketing in an omnichannel environment
- Post Secondary education is an asset
- Experience with different digital marketing channels – paid, earned and owned
- An analytical approach to marketing with a lean to inhouse execution
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.