U.S. Soccer Federation
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The International Communications Coordinator will work closely with the entire public relations, content, social media and video staff in the Communications department to develop an overall strategy to authentically connect and engage with a broader audience.
With a focus on building U.S. Soccer’s Hispanic fan base, this individual will work closely with Spanish language media outlets, developing a strong relationship with reporters, editors and producers to drive consistent coverage and share compelling stories about U.S. Soccer’s teams, players, coaches and programs.
The International Communications Coordinator is also responsible for planning, developing and executing content for Hispanic audiences, especially around major tournaments and events. They will serve as the main producer of this content, writing, managing social media accounts and working closely with the video department to produce videos.
This position will also take the lead on many of these duties for U.S. Soccer’s Sport Development departments, including Coaching Education, High Performance, Refereeing and Talent ID. At times, they will work closely with coaches, players and staff and assist in media strategy and messaging.
- Develop overall strategy to improve international communications, specifically driving our approach to the Hispanic community
- Write all Spanish-language related materials, including press releases and features
- Assist in coordinating interview requests and other media opportunities with Spanish language outlets for coaches and players
- Plan and execute Spanish language content in collaboration with the content, social and video departments
- Serve as main point of contact for Spanish language media
- Oversee all Spanish language social media accounts
- Oversee the creation of all Spanish language content and publications
- Assist with media activities and content in and around senior National Team matches
- Provide input on content ideas and creative direction for digital platforms
- Aid in short-term and long-term strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a journalism or communications field
- 2-3 years of experience working within a team environment and within the media industry
- Fluent in Spanish required
- Ability to develop relationships with athletes, coaches and media based on trust
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proven written and editorial skills
- Ability to oversee schedules and tight deadlines
- Willingness to take initiative, work independently and follow through on projects
- Quick learner who can function well in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Full-time position, minimum 40-hour work week with significant travel required
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills