Central Coast Council
bout the job
“YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE”
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Looking for a Career with a local Council?
- Exciting entry level opportunity in Development Engineering
- Work/Life Balance – 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Temporary Term Contract for up to 12 months
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour’s drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
About the Role:
The Junior Development Engineer works closely with experienced team members and under their guidance will undertake tasks such as assessment of, reviewing and determination of engineering aspects of developments/development applications/plans and design works. You will also be assisting the Section with professional advice to stakeholders under guidance and preparation of detailed reports on engineering matters, along with the assessment of any other engineering issues/problems as they arise within the team/section.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Assessing and determining of engineering and associated aspects of Development Applications and the determination of appropriate engineering conditions of consent;
- Under guidance, providing professional advice on the assessment and determination of engineering designs for civil works;
- Using your problem solving skills and analytical thought processes, for assessment of development applications, planning issues/problems.
- You are excited to start a career in Development Engineering at a large local Council;
- You are able to provide high level customer service and enjoy dealing with the local community;
- You enjoy learning from others whilst also sharing any ideas or knowledge you have;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of development engineering professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation.