Junior Digital Editor in Manchester, UK
- Do you have experience writing engaging articles or blog posts
- Can you spot viral trends to help choose the best performing content
- Are you comfortable with uploading articles via WordPress
We are looking for someone who can produce an engaging piece of work that will reach as many of our readers as possible. Almost all of our traffic is generated through our social media channels so you will need to be ably to analyse current trends to decipher which topics and pieces will garner the most engagement. Most of our best-performing articles are about dogs and cats so an interest in these animals is a plus.
Working within a small team, you’ll spend your days spotting viral trends, writing interesting articles and publishing them onto our websites. You will need a passion for analysing insights and traffic, building engagement on social media and spotting opportunities within the changing landscape of digital.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Write high-quality articles and publish them on our website
- Be able to tell a great story, in your own words.
- Remain proactive by researching and seeking the latest news, trends and exclusives ahead of competitors
- Manage multiple edits and projects at the same time.
- Ensure all content is delivered on time, within tight deadlines.
- Create visuals to support the stories we publish on any social platform
Requirements, we are looking for someone with these four characteristics:
- Great writing skills
- Quick learner