About the job
MAC Engineer with platform engineering experience and supporting Apple macOS in an enterprise.
Client is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of their people is critical to their success.
MAC Engineer required to work in the Enterprise Security Platforms (ESP) Endpoint Engineering Team, providing the highest level of security consultancy and engineering support for macOS based security agents. The role is suited to an experienced Mac or Windows Engineer/Sysadmin with a proven understanding in enterprise infrastructure, security and product deployment.
The Role will partner with our End User Computing team to focus on security controls for the macOS platform.
The role will focus on extending the firm’s Endpoint Protection Platform and Endpoint Detection and Response Squads to achieve risk control objectives and will involve solution architecture, engineering, and development to achieve automation and integration with firm systems and processes.
– Research, architect, engineer and deploy macOS based OS security controls
– Complete environment configuration, automation, build, and documentation tasks with a focus on reliability and ongoing supportability
– Develop tools and scripts to enable automation in configuration management, packaging and platform integration via API’s and scripting
– Work with global colleagues from both internal and external teams throughout the organization to provide solutions via ongoing communications and consistent processes
– Research and evaluate solutions for on-premise, cloud and container-based security controls
– Participate in technology evaluations and play an active role in strategic improvements based on technology trends, best practices, and industry standards
– Investigate & Troubleshoot root causes when escalated from L3 operations
– 5+ years of experience in platform engineering
– 2+ years’ experience on supporting Apple macOS in an enterprise
– Proficiency in JAMF (Jamf 200, Jamf 300, Jamf 400) or other MDM solutions
– Translate Windows based security controls into MacOS equivalents
– Scripting and development skills -Python or Shell
– Knowledge of core security concepts and implementation principles
– Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities as a flexible, self-driven team member
– Strong task management and organizational skills
– Ability to demonstrate broad exposure to various technologies – Preferably in a global environment in the finance industry or an industry at a similar scale
Opportunity to work in different departments.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, or based on an individual’s status in any group or class otherwise protected under applicable human rights legislation. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled and all other qualified applicants