NAIT (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology)
About the job
NAIT is proud to be named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 10 consecutive years. We are also a proud partner of the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion and Pride at Work Canada. Learn more about NAIT’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at nait.ca/edi.
As a key member of the Office of the Registrar’s management team, the Manager of Admissions & Student Information reports directly to the Director of Enrolment Management. This position provides operational oversight for two reporting units: Admissions and Student Information. The Manager ensures strategic alignment with the Student Progression department plan and NAIT’s academic portfolio objectives.
The Manager provides direction and leadership on operational activities, as well as identifying improvement opportunities across all reporting units to optimize enrolment objectives and provide consistent, high quality services to internal and external stakeholders. They must constantly evaluate their teams’ performance, priorities, and business processes to meet service expectations and enrolment targets, as well as to ensure compliance with established policy and procedures. The Manager is accountable for all hiring, staff development, and performance enhancement decisions within their portfolio. As part of their role, the Manager of Admissions & Student Information must work collaboratively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The Manager also contributes to strategic planning activities with the Registrar’s Office management team and oversees the operationalization of the department plan within their reporting units. As a member of the RO management team, the Manager is required to represent the RO and lead work teams, committees, planning groups both internal to NAIT and externally as required.
- Translate strategic goals into operational priorities and determine the best workflow to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met
- Accountable for service excellence and quality assurance oversight for student information and admissions functions
- Handles escalated inquiries and complaints related to admissions, records, transfer, or student information services
- Provides interpretation of policy and procedures in complex cases, and makes decisions on exceptions when appropriate
- Manages annual budget and completes quarterly forecasts.
- Recruits, develops, and evaluates direct reports
- Accountable for the recruitment and performance enhancement efforts in their portfolio
- Provides coaching and mentorship to next-level leaders and aspiring leaders within the team to build a talent pipeline
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with school and program leaders to achieve integrated growth strategies and inform continuous process improvement
- Acts as an expert and resource on student information and admissions for the institute
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand needs and advises on possible solutions
- Provides data insights to inform decision making and anticipate impacts of decisions
- Collaborates with external partners such as ACAT, APAS, and other institutes on relevant initiatives
Strategic Planning & Process Improvements
- Participates in departmental strategic planning activities
- Ensures strategic alignment between operational activities and the Student Progression departmental plan and the Academic Portfolio objectives.
- Actively seeks opportunities to enhance service quality, business processes and operational efficiency
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Able to make sound and timely decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Thrive in a high-pressure, high-volume environment with demonstrated capacity to prioritize effectively
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments, targets, and goals
- Build strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- Comfortable with applying operational knowledge to interpret data and using data insights to make decisions and recommendations
- Courage to address difficult issues, tackle tough assignments, and support others to do the same
- A strong understanding of the student life cycle and how admissions and student information contribute to enrolment management.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred. However, related work experience in admissions or student information can be considered for equivalencies
- 3-5 years of related experience in a post-secondary environment, including 2-3 years of experience in a leadership role is preferred
- Knowledge of NAIT admissions or student information business practices is an asset
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions from an admissions and student record perspective is an asset
Remuneration: competitive salary, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Thank you for your application however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from World Education Services or the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) – http://work.alberta.ca/immigration/international-qualifications-assessment-service.html