Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
Giant Tiger’s growing eCommerce team is looking for a Manager of Analytics and Reporting. This role will be responsible for leading and directing the reporting and analysis function at Giant Tiger Digital, to aid in solving complex business issues from strategy to execution. A dynamic problem-solving-oriented leader that has the ability to dive into complex problems and drive actionable solutions. Ensures that proper measurements and tracking plans are in place and that the organization has access to the tools and data sets required to execute on business strategy. Additionally, they will be responsible for strategic reporting and analysis within the business to prioritize opportunities and track benefits.
Manager of Analytics and Reporting; Responsibilities
Insights and Analytics
- Act as the point person for reporting on the business for the overall digital business
- Oversee the creation of a rich dataset, supporting improved analysis of all aspects of the eCommerce business
- Support Product Managers and other digital functions to ensure they have the correct data, toolsets and dashboard to support their roadmaps and business goals.
- Build out the roadmap for data presentation, dashboard and data quality to support both the digital business and the overall customer database
- Be the point person in the organization to ensure all new initiatives are tracked correctly and measurement plans are in place
Reporting and Measurement
- Oversee reporting, ad-hoc analysis, and project ROI determination for Digital stakeholders, also including (but not limited to) Retail / Stores, Marketing, and Merchandising
- Determine business needs of key stakeholders and determine core KPIs for new projects/enhancements
- Manage ongoing dashboards and reporting tools
- Identify opportunities to generate incremental improvements to the business and support the stores
- Lead the training and digital analytics IQ enhancement for the organization, be an advocate for analytics and data sciences across the great Giant Tiger organization
- Drive continuous enhancements to analytical capabilities including support for site enhancements, supply chain optimization and P&L optimizations
- Look for new data sources to enhance and expand our understanding of the business and our customers
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Work with the digital and finance leadership teams to provide forecasts of business trends and predictions of future outcomes
- Support the annual budgeting and long term planning process
- Monitors budget vs actual and identifies areas of concern
Strategic Planning and Leadership
- Support strategic planning through detailed and thoughtful analysis
- Build a world class team of analysts to support the business goals
Manager of Analytics and Reporting; Candidate Requirements
- 5+ years experience working in an analytics role, ideally in a retail company
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of data analysts
- Ability to build detailed reporting models and train end users on optimal use.
- A desire to leverage data to improve business performance
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks
- Post-secondary education is required
- Experience with enterprise reporting
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Segment and Looker
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment procedures. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities.