About the job
What Is Expected Of This Role?
- Lead, manage and drive a team of market managers to increase Air Asia market presence by fostering new relationship in key destinations.
- Build, sustain and grow commercial relationships with new and existing hotel partners through strategic planning, promotional activities and continuous engagement with hotel partners.
- Plan regular schedules for market managers to perform market visitation for business review and other relevant task according to internal goals, targets and objectives.
- Analyze data for purpose of commercial improvements including market trends to increase productivity, rate competitiveness and availability for Air Asia.
- Track, monitor and review team performance in delivering KPIs and targets using the right tools.
- Ensure hotel partners are familiar with our platform, system and business model.
- Share latest market insights including data, reports and any relevant information from within internal and external parties to enable informed decision making.
- Represent the company in any relevant events that promotes Air Asia’s brand name and its products.
- Support other Line Of Business (LOB) in introducing their products to hotel partners as when business needs arisen.
- Effectively coordinate, communicate and align strategic planning and objectives from senior management to the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from accredited universities in relevant field.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the hotel or travel-related industry (OTA is an added advantage).
- Proven leadership skills with strong passion in people development.
- Self-driven, good interpersonal and negotiation skills with positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Good understanding of market trends, able to communicate value proposition to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Words, PowerPoint and G Suite.
- Strong focus on set goals with high agility and flexibility in approaches.
- Able to work independently as well as a dedicated team player without compromising principle of integrity.
- Willingness to travel / work-out of office as when is required due to business needs.
We are all different – one talent to another – that is how we rely on our differences. At AirAsia, you will be treated fairly and given all chances to be the best. We committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Search Firm Representatives – AirAsia does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position-specific.