The role is responsible to contribute to the development of medical strategy and to provide Medical input into Brand Strategies and Medical guidance and governance for the therapeutic area ensuring support of the life cycle of all products. This role works to execute the medical component of the Brand Strategies, ensure team members are properly trained, and ensures medical (including Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS)) efforts, are properly documented. To act as the company contact person and representative regarding the medical/scientific aspects of the drug for the scientific community.
- Act as member of the multidisciplinary brand team
- Help guide the strategic direction in therapeutic areas
- Distil clear content from the wealth of scientific data
- Help create convincing communication concepts in cooperation with marketing and external partners
- Contribute to the content of promotional materials
- Approve promotional materials
- Develop good relationships with key opinion leaders
- Answer medical questions concerning products Train sales force reps regarding medical aspects
- Leading scientific advisory boards
- Contribute to a flow of relevant publications
- Create a review of relevant publications
- Contribute to a digital strategy
- Help marketing and sales force drive the business
- Preferably a MD (Medical Advisor) – Advanced degree in science-related field in relevant therapeutic areas (for the Scientific Advisor).
- Experience in driving and managing the medical strategy for various brands in the pharmaceutical industry .
- Clinical research and trial management experience, and be able to interact authoritatively with key stakeholders and investigators.
- Excellent presentation and teaching skills and to represent the company in a professional manner at medical, scientific and public events.
- Independent, self-driven, pro-active, extrovert and dynamic
- Ability to form relationships quickly and have demonstrable persuasive abilities
- Highly effective communicator both orally and in writing; can get ideas across one-on-in, in group settings as well as in presentations
- Exceptional leadership capabilities; ability to motivate.
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Strong team player and know how to collaborate and engage many stakeholders across a large organization
- Solid negotiation and decision making skills
- Good analytical and numerical abilities
- Innovative and pro-active
- Strategic thinking
- Results-oriented attitude
- Resource management and financial skills to control budgets
- Experience in working with MS office in a Windows environment
- Willing to travel