We seek a highly motivated candidate to help with open-source research for Strategy Risks. Effective critical thinking and relevant experience with All-Source or Open-Source disciplines is a must. Candidates who have a degree or work experience with a regional focus on China or East Asia are preferred. Reading proficiency in Chinese is desired, but not required.
- Conduct open-source research on topics including but not limited to Chinese influence operations, Military-Civil Fusion activities, China’s domestic economic and political activities, and human rights.
- Conduct research and analysis on American companies operating in China.
- Organize large amounts of data. Experience with web scraping, databases, or index models is a plus.
- Assist the Director of Research and CEO with various other research tasks as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree required.
- Knowledge of open-source information sources and excellent internet research skills.
- Strong understanding of China and the private sector.
- Strong English-language writing and communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Related work experience is desirable but not required.
- Outstanding research and writing skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience living, working or studying in China.
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and G Suite.
The Open Source Research Analyst role is a full-time paid position. This role has an immediate start date. This is a remote position with flexible scheduling. This job description intends to describe the general nature of the job and does not represent that all individuals who hold the position will perform all duties set forth above. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample.