South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Operations Specialist is to support the Consultancy team with operational matters to ensure it can work in the most effective way. In this role, you will improve, update and maintain our tools, processes and templates, working closely with the Consultancy Operations team. You will contribute to our quick growth by participating in the hiring processes and leading the onboarding process of our new consultants. You will also be the focal point of contact for consultants to support them with operational issues and questions. In addition, you will be in charge of controlling projects in our internal project management tool. You will occasionally support the preparation of proposals and manage administrative requirements of some projects. Finally, you will work with our screening team to identify relevant business opportunities for South Pole.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Maintain, update and improve internal tools, processes and templates
- Conduct CV screening to identify the relevant candidates for our advertised roles
- Lead the onboarding process of our new consultants, through training on tools and processes, and through the organisation of onboarding gatherings
- Support the consultancy team with operational questions and issues
- Conduct checks in Antarctica, our internal project management tool, to ensure the information is complete and accurate, and follow-up with consultants when needed
- Support general tasks such as updating/formatting and compiling staff CVs, references, and information in Antarctica
- Conduct data analysis tasks, to analyse the metrics and results of the consultancy team, and organise the results in compelling presentations
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, by preparing references, CVs and administrative documents
- Act as a project/proposal manager to coordinate inputs from different stakeholders and take care of the project administrative requirements
- Conduct screening activities by reviewing relevant websites to identify consultancy business opportunities for South Pole
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Political Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, or related disciplines
- Relevant work experience (the expectation is a minimum of 1 year) conducting administrative tasks effectively
- Experience in situations where attention to detail was required
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase. Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Experience with formatting documents and using styles
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.