Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses of any size close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
As focused as we are on creating unique, category-defining products, we are also building a distinct and inclusive culture. We’re a diverse and dynamic team seeking the best and brightest talent to help us achieve our company goals, and to continue to build on our award winning culture.
About the role:
Our Development team is searching for an experienced full stack Software Developer to join the Financeit team and to help our company in pursuit of our vision and goals! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing fintech company where your development work will make a difference, you’ve found the right place.
We are looking for developers who value continuous learning and development, collaboration with the team, and of course the quality of their code. Ideally, you also have experience with our core technologies including PHP. Often our toolset will change and grow depending on the nature of the business requirements and the problem being solved, and we encourage all of our developers to actively investigate new technologies and approaches to help us evolve our stack.
In this role you can work 100% remotely. However, you are also welcome to work from our office located in downtown Toronto.
Responsibilities for a Software Developer will include:
- Designing and writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Delivering new features, fixing defects, and improving the existing codebase
- Working closely with other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Testers and Business Stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 2-5 years of experience in PHP and PostgreSQL, or similar technologies
- Curiosity and excitement about technology and continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desire to deliver work in an agile environment
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay including an annual bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account
- RRSP Matching and Maternity Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.