MSD Australia & New Zealand
- Great opportunity to join a global Animal Health manufacturing site
- We have three (3) exciting Permanent Full-Time roles based in Upper Hutt
- Day-to-day operational responsibility for high-quality antigen & vaccine production
- Join a talented & supportive Production team
Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
As a Production Technician, you will be performing day-to-day operations in various areas within the manufacturing department, to ensure antigen &/or vaccine is produced to required standards to meet customer demand in global markets. This will involve documenting your activity in batch records or logbooks and you will perform quality checks to ensure production meets stringent cGMP requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Operating equipment and performing tasks and processes in accordance with SOPs
- Documenting all tasks in batch records and worksheets in accordance with Good Documentation Practice
- Maintaining good housekeeping
- Planning daily workload
- Communicating clearly with other members of the Manufacturing Team and other departments to ensure the smooth flow of product, samples, and documentation.
- Minimize deviations in the manufacture of the product by using knowledge of processes and problem-solving techniques to thoroughly investigate deviations & perform root cause analysis to determine the cause of deviations
- Implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Implement changes to production documents and or processes in accordance with GMP by co-ordinating Change Proposals
- Contribute to continuous improvement of production processes and systems by completing assigned CAPA in required timeframes
- Ensure the highest possible safety standards are met by taking responsibility for own and others safety
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
You will have:
- Tertiary degree in Science, Engineering or similar
- Experience in a biological or pharmaceutical production/manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience in other hands-on manufacturing industries (e.g. food production, farming) would also be beneficial
- Work experience is preferred, though we would also be open to university graduates for these positions
- Good understanding of GMP
- Ability to follow processes & SOPs
- Good computer skills across the Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- A keen eye for detail with excellent organization skills
- Initiative & who works well with minimal supervision
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- Join a global organization that prides itself on high integrity, ethics, and quality
- Work along with a passionate and collaborative team
- Opportunity to grow and broaden your production experience to support product demand in the market within a truly innovative organization
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to being the most trusted supplier of biopharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high-quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada, and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit, and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position-specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.