About the job
As a Defence Project Coordinator, you will be required to actively process requests from various streams according to agreed processes and timelines. In addition, you will be expected to proactively manage the requirements of requests to ensure they are delivered and communicated on in accordance with stakeholder expectations.
Working as a part of the Defence Enablement team, you will apply your experience in ICT, managed services, and project delivery environments to support the successful delivery of projects and programs including ICT infrastructure rollouts and Monitoring and Control capability for IT Service Management. You will do this by working with a Team comprising Project Managers, Technical Engineers and Operational SME’s to deliver a range of support function.
Please note all candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a minimum of Baseline AGSVA security clearance to be considered. This role will require you to hold and maintain a Baseline security clearance.
Your key responsibilities and major tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Lead problem solving as required to manage escalations and out of the ordinary requests to reach commercially viable and operationally effective outcomes.
- Deliver discipline in managing the expectations of internal stakeholders and customers with confident and clear communication.
- Ensure that the work you are responsible for is delivered in alignment to Telstra PMO processes, tools and agreed timeframes for delivery.
- Actively engage and contribute to continual service improvement opportunities.
- Maintain strong relationships with your Team, Product Owner, Chapter Lead and cross group SMEs to drive business performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. To hit the ground running we are looking for individuals who can confidently demonstrate the following:
- Hold a minimum of NV1 AGSVA Baseline security clearance.
- Minimum of 3+ years in an ICT environment
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to influence others and deal with conflicting priorities
- Excellent organisation skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic work ethic
- Document and project report writing skillsets
- Ability to understand a project schedule at an intermediate level
- Understanding of Network Technologies
- ITIL certification
- Project Management experience
- Agile Training in SCRUM or Agile Safe methodologies
- Experience in utilising MS Project, Excel and Word at an intermediate level
Our perks & benefits:
- Work-life integration – we understand life happens when you’re busy making other plans, so we offer flexibility around where, and when you work.
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary and secondary carers.
- Professional development program.
- An epic (free) Telstra mobile phone plan.
- Laptop/Device allowance renewed every 2 years.
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme.
- Discounted Telstra products and services.
We fully embrace flexibility and choice at Telstra and it’s as unique as you. We believe every role can flex in some way and encourage you to work where, when, and how you are most engaged, safe, and productive. Talk to us about how a role could be flexible for you!
On the cusp of the next technological transformation in the digital world, Telstra has and continues to be at the forefront of local and global innovation. Come disrupt and lead the industry as we build the networks for the future and push the boundaries of what’s possible with technology.
We’re after the right blend of experience and enthusiasm and look for cultural add, rather than cultural fit. We benefit from the unique gifts and backgrounds of each person in our business and push for diversity of thought in all we do.