Birmingham City University
Reporting the Enterprise Manager you will be responsible for helping to deliver the programmes and activities ensuring that all the delivery and financial targets are met. You will be expected to have demonstrable experience of effective and efficient operational management. A knowledge of or experience in entrepreneurship would be beneficial.
Through effective time management the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and monitoring of project and activity plans.
- Monitoring progress against project and activity schedules and prepare progress reports.
- Monitoring project and activity budgets and prepare regular budget reports.
- Ensuring that all project and activity documentation is consistently completed to agreed standards and is accurate and timely.
- Collating and maintaining all project and activity data, ensuring that meaningful data is in useful formats, available and accessible to members of the project team and respond to requests for information.
- Undertaking information gathering to support the projects and activities as directed by project managers.
- Organising and supporting project team and other related meetings, workshops and events. Writing and presenting papers to communicate project and activity progress and outcomes. Managing papers and correspondence for working groups.
- Taking detailed notes or minutes of meetings; record, compile transcribe and distribute minutes, action points or other notes. Carrying out relevant follow up work, advising staff of their allocated actions and follow up and escalate to project managers if necessary.
- Maintaining and providing records of progress for future meetings or reports.
- Responding to enquiries about project and activity matters ensuring that any urgent and/or important matters are dealt with or referred appropriately.
- Managing the project team calendar and diaries as needed.
Key Skills And Experience
- A good standard of education, preferably a degree or project management qualification.
- Experience of providing project support for complex projects and activities.
- Experience of working successfully in a team.
- Practical experience and knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Experience of monitoring budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collate and present information to others.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
- IT skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office project management software and SharePoint.
- Marketing and promotion skills around creating written content and graphics, social media posts, BLOGS, VLOGs and podcasts is also desirable
Able To Demonstrate
- Systematic, structured and thorough approach and attention to detail with a well organised, self-managing and motivated workstyle.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving using and utilising own initiative.
- Ability to identify, assess and understand potential risks to project delivery and propose solutions.
With around , students from countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse place to study. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate staff, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance is producing some of the country’s most employable graduates.
We put £ million into the regional economy and support thousands of jobs in the area.
You will be joining a team with a strong track record of bidding for and securing externally funded contracts that support regional growth and creates opportunities for our Graduates and Students.
Our staff and student community is defined by our core values, which outline who we are as a University and how we will work with each other. Our core values are Excellence, People focused, Partnership working and Fairness and integrity.