We are looking for a Project Officer to support an exciting array of client projects.
Working within a passionate small team, we are looking for a candidate who doesn’t only want to sit at a computer all day. The main duties are to execute innovation projects that will deliver tangible outcomes for our clients and partners. You’ll be exposed to a variety of challenging opportunities, arranging bespoke and engaging workshops for clients and coordinating dialogue between multiple stakeholders in different communities. You’ll be engaged in the whole process, from developing proposals, structuring project and then executing it in the field. You’ll get to understand, learn and visit parts of Hong Kong you never knew existed and get a multifaceted understanding of the complex issues in Hong Kong and attempt to curate experiences that will create solutions for them.
‘I learned more in my first two months at the Good Lab than I did for a whole year in my last job.’ — quote from a team member.
Work You’ll Do:
- Support projects to deliver a superior client experience, including developing project plans, tracking project progress, executing user engagement logistics, producing deliverables, and liaising with our clients, project partners and collaborators
- Identify and solve problems objectively using analysis, experience and judgment
- Deliver high-quality project deliverables, including (but not limited to) reports, presentations, and events etc.
- Develop relationships, establish credibility with and instil confidence in clients as their trusted social innovation advisor
- Comprehend how the client’s organisation works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends, leading practices, and social innovation cases
- Engage with different project partners and collaborators in our network to align priorities and direction
- Support business development in identifying and pitching for potential client engagements
- Support Good Lab functions and events when required
Your Role as a Social Innovation Consultant:
- Understand key objectives of clients and Good Lab, align people to goals and set priorities and direction
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with project partners in increasingly senior roles
- Deliver exceptional client services, maximising results and driving high performance from project teams
- Develop high-performing team members through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Act as a role model, embracing and living Good Lab’s purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- Bachelor’s degree or above in social sciences, management, humanities, or related disciplines
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in project and/or programme management providing client services in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience in innovation/business consulting, user research and engagement, public service and administration, social entrepreneurship, or related work would be a strong advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high commitment to quality client services
- Excellent command on MS PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple work priorities, attention to details and outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to motivate others with enthusiasm, drive and effectiveness
- Demonstrate stakeholder management ability in interacting professionally with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese (fluency in Mandarin would be an advantage)
- An outgoing character with experience in business development would be an advantage
- Team player with the ability to take initiatives and self-motivated in a dynamic and collaborative project environment
- Be able to work on weekends and flexible hours for specific Good Lab functions when required
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a Project Assistant position.