FWD Life Insurance
About FWD Life Insurance
FWD Life Insurance Corporation (FWD Life Insurance) launched its commercial operations in September 2014. As of end-2020, FWD Life Insurance ranks 2nd and 4th in terms of Paid-up Capital(1) and New Business Annual Premium Equivalent(2), respectively.
FWD Group is a pan-Asian life insurance business with approximately 10 million customers across 10 markets, including some of the fastest growing insurance markets in the world. In the Philippines, FWD has 17 business hubs located in key cities nationwide, with its headquarters in Bonifacio Global City in Taguig.
Established in 2013, FWD is focused on making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD is committed to changing the way people feel about insurance.
The Risk Specialist is responsible for assisting in the execution of the annual Risk Management Plan. The job provides and uses in-depth analysis to identify emerging risks, new opportunities and movement in existing risks that could impact FWD. Risk disciplines to cover but not limited to:
- Financial risk (Credit, Liquidity, Market)
- Insurance risk
- Legal and Compliance risk
- Operational risk
- Technology risk
- Strategic risk
The role provides the company with a second line challenger function on business decisions, risk assessments and guidance on strategic projects. Risk Specialist will primarily support Risk Director in managing Fraud Risk in the company through data analysis, monitoring and investigations. The role should be able to work with cross-functional teams performing risk and control assessments for various area in the company.
1. Assists in the execution of the annual Risk Plan and the assigned risk disciplines as directed by the CRO and/or Risk Management Director. Primary focus but not limited to the following tasks:
- Fraud Risk Management: Review business processes and controls, data analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Financial Risk Management: Reporting and monitoring following FWD’s risk appetite.
- Key Control Self-assessment for various business process or projects.
2. Assists in the management of risk through identification of potential emerging risks and mitigation strategies. Keep abreast of risk management and regulatory changes.
3. Assists in the management of risk through providing training and guidance to all Philippine employees on risk management discipline.
4. Provides the risk team heads with recommended strategic initiatives and process enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accountancy, Math/Statistics.
- Professional certifications in Risk Management, Compliance or Audit an added benefit.
- 2 years of professional experience in Risk Management/Compliance or Audit or 2 years experience in a first line operational role within a life insurance company
- Communication: Strong communication skills required with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels within the organization. Ability to create presentations and other material to easily communicate Risk related matters.
- Problem Solving: Ability to conduct root cause analysis and aid the business in identifying alternate resolutions to issues.
- Innovation: Assist the business in identifying new processes or controls as needed when working with the business on strategic projects or assisting them in resolving incidents.
- Data-driven mindset: Ability to come up with meaningful information from data available and be able to present it to management to help come up with a risk-based decisions.
OTHER REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Led: Uses feedback and interpersonal ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Deliver the vision: Is able to describe what the plans are for own role and function and how they link to the company vision.
- People orientated: Delegates work and supports team members to deliver on tasks. Seeks input from team and encourages cooperation towards team goals
- Decision making: Involves relevant stakeholders in the decision-making process. Recognizes opportunities or problems requiring attention and evaluates the benefits/risks of taking action versus inaction.
- Market led: Identifies the importance of different markets, customers and emerging products and technologies relevant to own area
- Strategy focused: Delivers against and support the Functions strategy and can articulate the link between the functions strategy and their own role
- Cultural alignment: Actively seeks out and shares information about the company culture and acts accordingly as appropriate. Follows procedures, policy and cultural standards.
- Drive results: Ensures role KPI’s relate and contribute to the broader team objectives. Has specific and measurable goals and tracks progress against them.