Amazon Web Services (AWS)
About the job
96% of businesses worldwide have yet to start their journey to the cloud, with the vast majority of computing still ahead of us. This means there’s an enormous amount of growth ahead of us – Andy Jassy, AWS CEO at ReInvent 2020.
Innovation and education is at the core of our vision to re-imagine how our customers scale. We imagine a world where these organisations leverage their current scale and investment, then have the knowledge and courage to rethink their businesses to see cloud computing as an enabler to innovation and growth.
If hearing that compels you to engage with senior business and technical leaders to help them achieve their organisation’s strategic mission, as well as lead a team of account managers, then this is the role for you.
Joining AWS as a Sales Manager for the Mid Enterprise segment, gives you the opportunity to:
- Work for the leader in cloud infrastructure and platform services, as recognised by Gartner for the 11th consecutive year;
- Think big as you lead a team to engage with commercial customers in a diverse range of verticals across an entire AWS segment;
- Collaborate with customers, partners and colleagues to build migration plans and supporting business cases to help accelerate our customers’ journey to cloud; and
- Demonstrate the value of moving to AWS to ensure positive outcomes for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration. The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sales representatives with engagements at the c-suite level, manage a sales pipeline, and lead sales efforts that will include teaming with AWS Sales Representatives, Solutions Architects, and Partners within commercial AWS accounts. This person should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions while working cross-organisationally to build consensus.
The role is open in Sydney, Australia with moderate domestic travel expected (subject to Covid-19 guidance).
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
- Experience in customer facing roles leading transformation programs or extensive customer engagements.
- Experience working directly with public sector or commercial organisations.
- Ability to influence and enable internal and external stakeholders.
- Complex opportunity and project co-ordination skills with the ability to negotiate and communicate across all levels of an organisation.
- Develop and execute against a global sales plan.
- Strong leadership skills.
- 10 years of technology related sales experience.
- 5 years of sales management experience.
- A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Direct field & management experience in working with commercial accounts.
- Extensive customer network.
Company – AWS Australia Pty Ltd
Job ID: A1560427