Teach For Malaysia
About the job
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE
As part of the Education Ecosystem Engagement (EEE) Team, the Alumni Impact Senior Associate will support a thriving 400+ and growing community of Alumni to continue and amplify their impact in the mission after the Fellowship through overseeing strategic partnerships, insights, and development of the Alumni Community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Strategy and execution
- Support Head of EEE in setting direction and goals of EEE and other teams such as Programme, Partnership Development, Talent Acquisition and Special Projects, in relation to Alumni Impact.
- Lead strategy and goals for Development of Alumni and Growing Insights of the Alumni Community.
Development of Alumni
- Supports development of the Alumni Board through thought partnering and coaching key members of the Board, including but not limited to the President and Vice President.
- Support career preparation of TFM Alumni and Year 2 Fellows by overseeing career support. This involves working in collaboration with various teams including Programme and other members of the EEE team.
- Consults Programme team to ensure that Fellows’ have a strong understanding of their role as incoming TFM Alumni through training and coaching sessions.
- Identifies, coordinates and disseminates strategic development opportunities and sessions for Alumni to upskill themselves as educators and leaders in the social sector.
Growing Insights of Alumni Community
- Leads the administration of the annual Alumni Survey to ensure quality survey questions, participation and results.
- Produces annual Alumni Survey reports to gain insights into perception, engagement level and impact of the Alumni Community. Where relevant, connects with Teach For All to ensure a smooth end-to-end survey cycle.
- Consults the Head of EEE, Alumni Board and the wider organisation on Alumni-related data, impact and measurement to influence broader strategy direction.
- Ensures Alumni databases and insights are effectively maintained, communicated and used to drive all areas of work. eg: Using insights of Alumni interest to identify potential collaboration with external opportunities or support recruitment campaigns.
- Manages and executes key projects and events with the objective of increasing Alumni Development and/or Impact. Key projects include, and are not limited to:
- The Yeoh Tiong Lay Transformational Teaching Award to recognise and celebrate teaching excellence among Teaching Alumni and the wider teaching community.
- Focus groups and Alumni Professional Development sessions.
- Overseeing the spectrum of career support for Year 2 Fellows and Alumni, including career consultations, resume review, supporting Fellow applications to be permanent MOE teachers, and overseeing TFM’s Resume Book for distribution to external partners.
- Manages a small team comprising multiple internal and external stakeholders as well as different priorities.
- Allocates and coordinates resources to maximise outcomes.
Communications and Community Engagement
- Manages communication with Fellows, Alumni and external stakeholders. This includes overseeing the monthly EEE newsletter.
- Supports Head of EEE, Head of Fellowship and the CEO with communication to the larger Alumni Community.
- Pitches projects effectively to external stakeholders.
- Supports Alumni-related sessions within the Fellowship programme.
- Works closely with the Alumni Board (elected Alumni representatives of the Alumni Community) to support the portfolios above.
Management and Team Development
- Represent EEE in key external and internal managerial meetings pertaining to Alumni in the absence of the Head of EEE.
- Manage the development of interns in the team.
- Undertake organisational leadership by establishing and building good relationships with other Associates and Senior Associates in Teach For Malaysia.
KEY MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Effective stakeholder engagement and community building for TFM’s strategic and operational purposes, evident through establishment of strong collaborative relationships with mutually beneficial goals with stakeholders including but not limited to Alumni, the Alumni Board, Year 2 Fellows, and strategic partners.
- Achievement of objectives of key Alumni projects, as listed in Duties and Responsibilities.
- Passion for Teach For Malaysia’s mission and systemic impact in the education and social sector.
- Proactive and adaptable self-starter with the ability to manage multiple streams of work, and independently prioritise tasks.
- Strategic and critical thinking – Ability to set long-term strategy and vision for all areas of work in an innovative and resourceful manner.
- Strong interest in community building and engagement.
- Ability to allocate and prioritize limited resources.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High emotional intelligence – Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with diverse individuals internally and externally, and to handle conflicts
- Ability to coach, thought partner and support in leadership development of Alumni.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to achieve collective goals
- Excellent reasoning, problem-solving and process-based thinking skills.
- Clear and confident communicator.
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally.
Years of experience & qualification
- At least 1 year working experience in community engagement/building or project management; 2 years preferred.
- Preference for applicants who have significant experience with TFM’s Fellowship programme
Language & Technical Proficiency
- Strong written and verbal skills and excellent proficiency in English and basic proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia. Excellent proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia preferred.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Basic budget management skills.
- Basic data analysis and market research skills.
- Willing and able to readily adopt and utilise any TFM database or technological platform / application (i.e. Google Suites, Confluence, Salesforce, Zoom etc.).
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
(a) Your latest CV (with 2 referees listed)
(b) Answers to the following questions (not more than 300 words per question)
- Why does joining Teach For Malaysia excite you?
- What is your long term career goal? Please elaborate how joining Teach For Malaysia is a step towards achieving that.
- What are the three most important attributes or skills that you believe you would bring to our organization?
- Share one personal achievement related to community building or engagement that you are most proud of, and how that experience can benefit Teach For Malaysia.