- Own RT fit approval and completion of technical specification packages with broader scope and/or complexity of product (including pad development /approval)
- Supervise and develop levels 1 & 2.
- Partner with Cross Functional Teams to align on product performance standards as it pertains to brand integrity.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of product development process from concept through production, including pattern making, construction, costing, manufacturing & raw materials.
- Identify & proactively engage in competitive market analysis.
- Lead & participate in Design, Technical & CF meetings, calling out risk as appropriate.
- Present technical data & initiatives to CF team & senior leaders.
- Track & manage workflow & ensure seasonal calendar deadlines are met.
- Model selection and calibration.
- Oversee and assist approval of direct report’s Tech Packs.
- Clear understanding of garment testing requirements by product type and capable of approving/rejecting to the business standards.
- Participate in risk assessment meetings, elevating risk of specific styles in relation to fit, comfort and performance, costing, manufacturing feasibility, overall quality and delivery.
- Elevate any issues to supervisor/manager.
- Collaborate with Design, TD partners, cross-functional teams and vendors to provide solutions to overcome risk.
- Participate in Quality Issue meetings, compiling data for review with Manager and cross functional team.
- Prepare VT/RT and TOP samples where applicable, for review against production standard.
- Measure and fit production samples to determine any deviation from approved standard.
- Communicate key differences between approved standard and production samples, with measurements, digitals on body/mannequin and physical/wash test results.
- Collaborate with QA team and vendors to determine key reasons for failure and action plan to amend or accept current and flow production.
- A technical education in garment fit and construction to degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Practical experience of pattern-making and garment construction for bulk production.
- Five years of technical experience, gained while working within either the clothing industry, or in a retail environment.
- An understanding and preferably 5+ years experience using computer specification package (PDM)