Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common. An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers’ needs. It’s what inspires us to create meaningful solutions – the kind that make a real difference – when it matters most.
The world and our customers’ needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That’s why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better:
Looking at the challenges the world is facing today Philips’ purpose has never been more relevant. So whatever your role, if you share our passion for helping others, you’ll be working towards creating a better and fairer future for all.
You will be part of:
The APAC Philips Experience Design Team of 8-10 pax based in Singapore, to support the growth of Philips Health Technology business in the APAC + Japan markets.
You are responsible for:
- Developing the design strategy and support models for APAC market/ account teams, combining deep business knowledge and design thinking
- Lead research fieldwork pertaining to analysis of healthcare processes in relation to end users
- Understand clinical and experiential needs for both patients and staff within a healthcare service environment.
- Analyzing information to form a significant understanding of context – domain, business, market, emerging contexts, related trends, target groups, etc. – and defining, articulating meaningful insights, and framing corresponding opportunities
- Envision and articulate the current/ future state end user experience from multi-touchpoint standpoint.
- Supports the design business partner and creative lead in the scoping, production and management of all agreed project deliverables.
- Bringing local market insights into the Company design research program funnel and program development.
- Nimble and agile to work in compact dynamic teams. Must be keen to learn working with other professions such as Architects, Industrial Designers, Design Researchers and Communication Designers
- Consistently using people-driven aspects as a starting point for building meaningful solutions
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following:
- Deep expertise in service/ strategic design, that covers applied knowledge of system thinking, design thinking
- Affinity and ability to develop ecosystem approach to design/ business solutions
- Ability to produce conceptual visualizations in form of sketches, posters and diagrams.
- Ability to source inspirational visual material to aid the creative thinking
- Knowledge of sustainability/ circular economy as bonus
- Ability to communicate design ideas using appropriate visualizations and design specifications
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Proficient in Service flow mapping/ User interface concept tools
- Highly talented ‘Design Thinker’ with a strong interest in resolving strategic challenges and a passion for the craft of Strategic or Service Design
- Customer focus, commercial awareness and ability to grasp the business and market environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit, being able to provoke and challenge stakeholders with innovative thinking
- Strong team collaboration and ability to build networks and maintain relationships
- Professional business acumen
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including excellent presentation skills
- Good business command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Experience in healthcare design is an advantage
- Well organized, with the ability to prioritize workloads and manage multiple priorities.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Thrives in a collaborative , interdisciplinary and international environment
- Experience working in Corporate/ Independent Design Studios and Strategic Consultancy.
- Experience working on projects across different industries/verticals.
- Experience working directly with internal and external clients
- Healthcare experience a bonus.
- Preferred level of experience is between 6 and 10 years in similar scope.
- Regional exposure a must, preferably in the APAC markets
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or college in Industrial Design/ Service Design/ Interaction Design