Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses of any size close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
As focused as we are on creating unique, category-defining products, we are also building a distinct and inclusive culture. We’re a diverse and dynamic team seeking the best and brightest talent to help us achieve our company goals, and to continue to build on our award winning culture.
About the role:
Our development team is searching for experienced Software Security Developers to join the Financeit team and to help our company in pursuit of our vision and goals! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing fintech company where your development work will make a difference, you’ve found the right place.
We are looking for developers who value continuous learning and development, collaboration with the team, and of course the quality of their code. Ideally, you also have experience with our core technologies including Ruby on Rails and Ember.js. Often our toolset will change and grow depending on the nature of the business requirements and the problem being solved, and we encourage all our developers to actively investigate new technologies and approaches to help us evolve our stack.
Responsibilities for a Software Security Developer will include:
- Designing and writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Delivering new features, fixing defects, and improving the existing codebase
- Working closely with other Developers, Testers, and Business Stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
- Consult on new product features to ensure security best practices are being followed
- Respond to security incidents to identify the severity and impact on our applications
- Work closely with our bug bounty platform and monitor dependency vulnerabilities to triage and resolve them within the SLA
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as Ruby on Rails and Ember.js
- Extensive knowledge of OWASP Top 10 and/or CWE Top 25
- Can identify vulnerabilities from source code and also from a blackbox perspective
- Extensive knowledge of authentication and authorization for web applications
- Curiosity and excitement about technology, continuous learning and security
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desire to deliver work in an agile environment
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay and performance based bonus
- Committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options, as well as a hybrid working allowance
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account.
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all FIT team members. We firmly believe that our work isn’t at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.