Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience using quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to generate insights, answer questions, and inform solutions.
- 3 years of experience in client facing role managing multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Experience with SQL, Python, or R.
- Ability to self-start and direct work in an unstructured environment.
About The Job
At Google, data drives all of our decision-making, and our HR organization is no exception. The People Analytics team acts as an internal innovation lab, using analytical approaches to make sure Google continues to be a great place to work. The team provides critical support to the business around issues of organizational health and is responsible for not just taking the pulse of our Googlers, but harnessing Googler feedback to drive change for the better. As an analyst you’ll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You’re a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And on top of it all, you’re someone who wonders “What if?” and then seeks out the solution.
As a Strategy and Analytics Associate, you’ll engage in projects that support Google’s ability to find, attract, and hire the world’s best talent. You’ll work in close partnership with the global Staffing leadership team (typically Directors and their reports) to identify opportunities for impact, run analyses, solve problems, and influence action. Projects might include deep diving into Google’s leadership hiring strategy, coordinating operational improvements to attract and hire top talent, or analyzing Google’s location strategy. Above all else, you’ll focus on developing insights that will help leaders across People Operations and the business make thoughtful, data-driven decisions.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as “Human Resources”). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we’re the advocates of Google’s colorful culture. In People Ops, we “find them, grow them, and keep them” – we bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Build and deliver quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that diagnose root cause issues and translate data into actionable insights.
- Partner with leadership to define, launch, and drive critical strategic, organizational, and operational initiatives for hiring at Google.
- Establish close relationships with key stakeholders in Staffing, HR, Finance, and Operations to develop a deep understanding of your Google client teams; leverage that context for value-added insights into the client organization’s hiring performance.
- Develop and automate data and analytics solutions; iteratively build and prototype new reporting to provide insights at scale.
- Be a thought leader and drive positive change by challenging the status quo.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.