Rogers Sports & Media
Television Rights Analyst At Rogers Sports & Media
We are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Sports & Media is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Programming Team as a Television Rights Analyst. The Television Rights Analyst will work directly with the Programming department and various key stakeholders to analyze, capture, and monitor content rights across a set of media offerings. The Analyst will support decision-making through strategic analysis and team collaboration within an ever-changing and dynamic Sports and Media landscape.
If you have a great eye for detail and can analyze large amounts of data into meaningful reports, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do
- Manage, record and maintain program content rights in an inventory management database.
- Understand and summarize legal contractual terms and retain documentation.
- Liaise with Program Scheduling and Finance to uphold contractual dynamics for programming content.
- Produce and distribute content inventory forecasting to support strategic decisions and advanced planning.
- Translate large amounts of data into meaningful reports including financial data, contract rights and content inventory while maintaining integrity of data.
- Diligently monitor and analyze multiple program schedules to maximize utilization of content and identify variances against forecasts.
- Validate airings of transmitted programming to ensure all data is recorded in the management system.
- Coordinate monthly analysis of assets and financial costing for period-end financial closings.
- Evaluate and identify risks and opportunities for Rogers Sports & Media assets in a competitive marketplace.
- Actively participate in the broadcast management system release tracking, testing and quality assurance undertakings.
- Collaborating on various undertakings, special projects and ad-hoc assignments.
What You Will Bring
- Exceptional critical thinking, innovative problem-solving skills, and the ability to tell a story.
- Aptitude to organize and present information clearly and concisely with internal and external clients.
- The ability to develop, maintain and support complex reporting and analytic solutions.
- Adeptness to learn new software programs and advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel, reporting and data management tools.
- Ability to work independently and excel in a team environment
- Experience in delivering quality solutions under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills to evaluate, communicate and recommend alternatives.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism and discretion with sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Passion for learning, transformation and continuous innovation.