The Women, Leadership, & Equality Program at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law is seeking a WLE Fellow.
The full-time WLE Fellow will support the Women, Leadership & Equality Program (“WLE Program” or “Program”) and coordinate the donor advisory board, the bi-monthly WLE Brief, outreach to former Rose Zetzer Fellows, assist with the Zetzer Fellows Workshop, and support development efforts through the Women’s Leadership Circle. This is a full-time grant-funded position lasting one year through August 15, 2022, with the possibility of renewal based on continuation of grant funding and Fellow performance. This position reports to the Director of the WLE Program.
- Coordinate the donor advisory board,
- Research, write and edit the bi-monthly WLE Brief,
- Engage in outreach to former Rose Zetzer Fellows and update contact information,
- Assist with the Zetzer Fellows Workshop,
- Organize and support Program Events, including alumni panels, conferences, and symposia,
- Support development efforts through the Women’s Leadership Circle, and
- Other duties as assigned by WLE Program Director.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school required.
- Experience in higher education administration preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience working within a university or law school setting.
- Knowledge of the empirical research on the barriers and solutions related to the advancement of women in the legal profession.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds, and including students, faculty and staff, and outside professionals and organizations.
Salary: $50,000 annualized salary, plus health benefits. This is a grant-funded position for one year.